This Service Agreement (the “Agreement”) sets out the terms of engagement between You (the Client) and Lie Detector UK Services Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with Registration Number 14287861 and the registered office of Lie Detector UK Services Ltd, 61 Bridge Street, Kington, United Kingdom, HR5 3DJ
Agreement to Take a Polygraph Examination
- The Client (the person paying for the polygraph test) and the Examinee (the person taking the polygraph test) voluntarily, without threats, promises of immunity or reward and without duress, coercion, or force agree to take a polygraph examination (lie detector test).
- Both Examinee and Client fully realize that the Examinee is not required to take the polygraph examination and that the examinee has the right to consult legal advice or anyone else they wish to, before taking the polygraph examination or signing any forms.
Recording and Use of Data
- Examinee and client hereby voluntarily request and authorize any Examiner conducting the polygraph examination, Lie Detector UK Services Ltd and any of its officers, consent to the use of both electronic audio and video recording devices during the entire interview, pre-test phase, in-test phase and post-test phase for quality purposes and agree that these recordings, as well as the results of the polygraph, shall remain the sole property of Lie Detector UK Services Ltd and that in line with our General Data Protection Policy and legal obligations will be deleted from our records within 24 hours after the test is conducted unless otherwise requested by the client in the pre-test examination.
- The examiner has examinee and client permission and consent to ask such questions during the pre-examination interview, on the actual examination and during any possible post-examination interview as they deem necessary to verify the examinee’s basic honesty and integrity, medical background and any other area that is pertinent to the polygraph examination.
- The examinee voluntarily authorizes the Examiner to conduct a polygraph examination and hereby grants permission to the Examiner to attach the blood pressure cuff, electrodermal activity sensors, pneumographs and any other sensors needed to conduct the polygraph examination test to or on examinee’s body.
- Examinee hereby specifically waives any and all rights of privacy that examinee has or may have with reference to the taking of the examination and the making known the results and the Examiner’s opinion arising therefrom. Examinee hereby authorizes Lie Detector UK Services Ltd, its officers, employees, and any other Examiners to disclose both orally and in writing the results and opinions of the Examiner to the client. The polygraph examination test results and examiner’s opinion may range from the following: No Significant Reactions/No Deception Indicated (The examinee has told the truth), Significant Reactions/Deception Indicated (The examinee has not told the entire truth), Inconclusive/No Opinion Formulated (Inconsistent physiological reactions by the examinee) or Purposeful Non-Cooperation (The examinee has not fully cooperated 100% during the examination process).
- Both the examinee and client are expected and required to behave and conduct themselves appropriately and professionally from the beginning of the examination until its end. Any type of threatening or aggressive behaviors, intimidation, shouting or yelling, criminal conduct of any kind, harassment, or any type of behaviors deemed inappropriate, unprofessional, or unlawful, will be grounds for immediate termination of the examination, and no refund will be applicable in those circumstances. The examinee and or client may not agree with part or the entire polygraph examination test results and or opinions rendered by the examiner. Knowing this fact, the client and examinee acknowledge that any threatening or aggressive behavior, intimidation, shouting or yelling, criminal conduct of any kind, harassment, or any type of behavior deemed inappropriate, unprofessional or unlawful, may be reported to the Police. A civil lawsuit may be filed against any individual who engages in making slanderous, defamation of character, or false statements about any examiner and or any Lie Detector UK Services Ltd employee, whether verbally, in writing, and or online.
- The examinee is expected and required to cooperate fully with the examiner during the entire polygraph examination process. Manipulations by the examinee during the actual testing process such as manipulative breathing, burping, sneezing, coughing, facial contortions, swallowing, sniffing, falling asleep, ejecting bodily fluids towards the examiner’s direction or body, or any excessive or unusual physical body movements or any general lack of cooperation will be grounds for immediate termination of the testing process.
- The examination process begins from the appointment start time in our office or client’s private address and ends with either the verbal presentation of the polygraph examination test results or via written report sent via email or postal service if additionally requested.
- No additional phone consultations and or any other services are included in the examination fee following the examination process in our office or client’s private address.
Payment and Refund Policy
- The booking deposit of £150 which is not refundable must be made at the time of booking the examination appointment followed by the final payment agreed payable 48 hours prior to the examination appointment. The total examination cost is non-refundable for cancellations, missed appointments, or if the examinee and or client arrive after their scheduled appointment time. The total examination cost is non-refundable regardless of the early termination of the examination process by either the client, examinee, and or examiner for any reason. A deposit is seen as a retainer and is clearly stated on the website and verbally if you book on the phone that it’s non-refundable.
Release and Waiver of Liability
- In consideration of, and as an inducement for Lie Detector UK Services Ltd and any of its Examiners, officers and or employees, the Examinee and Client do hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AGREE TO A COVENANT NOT TO SUE and COVENANT FOREVER to hold the aforesaid free from all harm, liability, or damage to Examinee and or Client as a consequence of the polygraph examination, release of the results, release of the written report and or Examiner’s opinion, Lie Detector UK Services Ltd, together with its Examiners, officers, and or employees.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Amendments to the Agreement
- Lie Detector UK Services Ltd reserves the right to modify or amend these terms and conditions at any time. The Client and Examinee will be notified of any changes to this Agreement by email or by posting a notice on our website. The Client and Examinee are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Client and Examinee and Lie Detector UK Services Ltd and supersedes all prior negotiations, understandings or agreements, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
- If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties, and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- The failure of Lie Detector UK Services Ltd to enforce any right or provision in this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Lie Detector UK Services Ltd in writing.
By agreeing to take a polygraph examination with Lie Detector UK Services Ltd, the Client and Examinee acknowledge that they have read and understood this Agreement, and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.